- First foods: cake, spaghetti squash, tilapia, meatballs
- Climbs up on everything! HG was standing on a step stool about to climb on the coffee table so I moved the stool to the middle of the floor. He looked up at me and walked straight over to the stool, pushed it back to the table and climbed right up. Oy.
- Cut two more teeth… One of which is a monster molar.
- Gives sweet and gooey open mouth kisses
- Loves sneaking into his room to turn his sound machine on. The “summer night” setting is his favorite.
- Bops and bounces to music.
- Learning to scoot himself along the floor on the ride-on toys.
- Major talker. Always has something to say!
- First sibling attack: bit K when she tried to take something away from him. He’s gaining power!!! Big sis better toughen up!
- Will run at us with his arms outstretched and squeeze around our necks.
- Has some sweet little curls in the hair at the back of his neck. I can’t bring myself to cut it yet but I’m thinking it will be a lot like his daddy’s luscious locks.
- Loves animals… especially cats. Tries to follow the neighbors cats around the yard whenever he catches a glimpse and will crouch down and squeal at them. He also gets a kick out of dogs barking.
- Such a wonderful, happy personality and is generally a smiley, giggly, silly, snuggly little boy.
- Better sleeper overall. Still has rough nights but is doing so much better and finding some consistency. ** And we’ve officially gone a full year with him waking up around his birth time on the 6th of every month!
- Clicks his tongue, makes kiss noises, and sucks his teeth.
- Still uncertain of strangers but warms up pretty well after scoping things out a bit.
- Very busy little boy. Keeps himself entertained (a blessing for mama) and is still a little explorer!
- Loves to tackle and/or straddle anyone who is laying on the floor.
- Loves running around the house playing with and laughing at his sister. They have such a great relationship these days.
I’m in total denial that this is his last monthly update and that I no longer have a ‘baby’. How did a year go by so fast? I was asked yesterday how old my kids are and I realized I’ll no longer be speaking in terms of months for him. We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Whaaaaat???? I feel so blessed to be mommy to this sweet little mush and am excited to continue watching him grow!!
Now to get moving on his bow tie fabric quilt!!
Until next time…